June 9, 2010

Tea Cannisters

At the end of June I am in a group show at JamFactory Contemporary Craft and Design called Teawares. I decided to make some tea cannisters, which are proving to be quite a challenge to make. I have made them from 65mm copper pipe. Last week i had them food grade tin plated. They plated the whole thing as it was easier for them even though i only wanted the inside done, as i am going to patinate the outside. Unfortunately the plating was unsuccessful so i am trying out some other ideas. Hopefully these will work.

Cannisters so far. They are currently being patinated.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle,
    I browse a lot of public domain image blogs and I found this one which I thought might be of interest to you: http://bibliodyssey.blogspot.com/2010/06/fungis-danicis.html
    Cheers, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks anna the pictures are great. i do love a good fungi image. michelle

    ReplyDelete