October 31, 2009

Mushrooms can help save the world

Since first becoming interested in the structures, forms and colours of fungi I have done quite a bit of research on the 'Fifth Kingdom'. I am always finding out new facts, new websites to look at and new and exciting information about fungi, not to mention some fantastic images. I think the most amazing information I have come across is a talk by Paul Stamets on 6 ways mushrooms can save the world.
Paul Stamets is a Mycologist who is inspirational on the functions and uses of fungi. He has also written a book 'Mycellium Running' which I have but have not yet read. I pick it up and read bits every now and then. Some of it is quiet technical, but very informative. If you never knew much about mushrooms and fungi this talk will blow your mind about what they can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment